Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Myrica - 4th Place in Red Mountain B.C. Provincial SBX Race

4th Place in Red Mountain B.C. Provincial SBX Race
Searchmont's Hinich persists after “big crash” during training


Red Mountain, B.C. ~ During the B.C. Provincial Boarder Cross Series race in Red Mountain B.C. former Searchmont resident Myrica Hinich came in 4th out of 14 competitors in the Senior Women's FIS category.

“I had a pretty good day”; reflects Hinich, “I qualified 2nd and came in 4th altogether. I'm okay with that except for the fact that I was way ahead in First, but fell right near the end in the finals...in the heat before finals I fell in the exact same place! In the first heat I got up right away and still came in second somehow, meaning I advanced to the finals. I raced well for the rest of the day...and that's all I came away from that race with..is knowing that I rode it real well until the fall. I am still not quite over it...I had it...it was so close and it could have been mine! During training yesterday I had a big crash on the first feature and was pretty sore all day today.”

Red Mountain was the first FIS points race Hinich participated in since the Canadian Open Snowboard Cross Finals at Mt Cypress in Vancouver in April 2007. At the time she was a member of the Ontario SBX team and competed all over Canada.

This season she opted to reside in Whistler B.C. to gain experience as a snowboarding instructor. She impressed by placing 1st in the ATOMIC Super Boarder Cross race January 20th 2008. She then decided to sign up for this first race as an independent FIS competitor.

What's next? Hinich is back into competitions:

~ Big White B.C. Provincial SBX Series Finals on March 2nd
~ Canadian Open Snowboard Cross Tour in Castle Mountain AB on March 15 / 16
~ Canadian Snowboard Cross Nationals in Mt Cypress B.C. On April 4 / 5 (venue for snowboarding at the 2010 Winter Olympic Games)

as well as:

~ Whistler Coaching course March 8 – 10
~ Level 2 instructor course March 24- 27

Local sponsors include Filtrec & Main Filter, Fuzed Notions Graphic Design, Algoma's Watertower Inn, Back in Motion.

Myrica gratefully thanks her sponsors for continuing to believe in her persistence.

Websites:
myrica.ca
csf.ca
safasnow.com


For more information please contact:
Britta Wolfert
759-8116
stay@skybearchalets.com

No comments: